06 May 2015

"Miss Sadie Thompson"

any movie that begins with Aldo Ray & Charles Bronson in wet underwear is a must-see.

last nite I settled in with some Todos Santos chocolates to watch this film which I haven't seen since I was 10. I don't know now how much of the plot I totally understood then. but I was a movie nut & Rita Hayworth was a favorite.  I even bought the soundtrack album. I have it in front of me as I write. & I see it cost all of $1.49.






altho hardly a great film it was wonderful to see again. surely one of Rita's best performances. & so many other things that cinemaddicts enjoy.  the Technicolor consultant was Francis Cugat (Xavier's brother) who designd the famous cover of the first edition of The Great Gatsby. & in the background in the bar scene is Ted Hook -- who years later wd run Backstage.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this phrase: "any movie that begins with Aldo Ray & Charles Bronson in wet underwear is a must-see".

cinemage books said...

and it was originally released in 3-D.